Returning to Jiu Jitsu after 40 with Felicia Oh, is such an awesome conversation, that I had to turn it into a two-part podcast. I read a Facebook post written by Felicia that was so inspiring to me that I myself returned to my old practice of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu the following week. Felicia is an accomplished Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt under Jean Jacques Machado. She’s competed at the highest levels of BJJ competition and has won many competitions. She’s also an artist with an MFA from UCLA.
I wanted to do this podcast with Felicia to discover how she made her comeback to BJJ, and why she did it in the first place. It was so much fun talking with my old training partner and friend, Felicia, that I turned it into a two-part conversation. Felicia has dealt with a chronic illness and pain for several years, and still trains Jiu Jitsu on a weekly basis. The second part will appear on the podcast next week. So subscribe and keep up on the latest interviews!
What You’ll Learn From this Podcast:
- Why coming back to competitive sports and Jiu Jitsu in Particular is a great idea for people over 40.
- What supplements Felicia took to feel confident and strong to get back into the dojo?
- Felicia was one of the most active competitors in tournaments from our club. How it feels to train but not compete.
- The match with Megumi Fuji was very competitive at the Abu Dhabi. Was there ever a point where Felicia doubted herself?
- How our bodies change as we get older, and how to adapt and overcome those changes.
- Competitive desires and how to redefine the “win”.
- Bringing your life experience, patience, and wisdom to every aspect of your life – even in the dojo.
- How age and experience beats youth and athleticism!
Heather Gray the mindset “shrink” with tips on creating success at any stage in life. Improve performance, achieve your goals at any stage in life.
What this episode is about
Our topic in this episode – Creating success at any stage in life. We’re going to be speaking with Heather Gray. This podcast came about based on Heather’s awesome, “I didn’t come this far, to only come this far” birthday post on Facebook. Heather is going to give us some tips and ideas to change, what you can do to make forward progress in your 40’s and beyond. We talk about making meaningful changes to your life, keeping what you like – or improve upon, and how she is sticking to her own plan for living. This is a powerful no bullshit conversation about what it takes to be successful in all areas of your life. Heather walks her talk, so take notes.
Heather Gray Bio
Heather Gray is a performance and mindset coach for business owners and leaders at Choose to Have It All. Her clients move past sharing pithy, motivational quotes as a mindset strategy and learn instead how to put those concepts into action in their own lives. Join her community group on FB to continue the conversation.
What you’ll learn
- How you can set a powerful intention
- Is it better to set an intention or have goals with deadlines or both?
- How you show up in relationships when you’ve make powerful changes in your life.
- How boundaries change and improve when you set out on a journey to succeed in life.
- Do your identity, goals, and point of view shift when you’re in your 40’s?
- What is consistent intention and how to apply it in life?
- “Talk the talk and walk the walk.” Heather and I discuss what that really means. and the prices that we’ve paid to make success happen.
- How can a person who feels that others are responsible for their own hardships, take responsibility for themselves?
Choose to Have It All
What This Episode is About
Lauren Alten spent decades bouncing from being overweight to obese, trying every diet under the sun. One night, she lay in bed with a racing pulse, gasping for air. She prayed the prayer of the desperate and made a vow that if she was shown the way back to health she would not only follow it, but she would light the way for others to follow. This is her story.
She has now found lasting solutions, lost over 60 pounds, achieved her ideal sized body, and maintains it long term. It is her mission to empower women to go from lives of quiet desperation, low energy and expanding waistlines to living their lives Slim Whole and Free.
What You’ll Learn
- Why counting calories or food points doesn’t work.
- The brain chemistry behind sugar and flour addiction.
- Why intuitive eating doesn’t work for a large portion of the population.
- Improving your gut health and restoring your hormone balance.
- Why too much exercise, when you are in weight loss mode, is counter-productive.
- The willpower myth (you really do have plenty of willpower, you just need to understand how to harness it!).
- Slow metabolism? Low thyroid function? Aging body? Bad genes? You CAN still lose weight! Lauren did it with all those factors in place.
- Finding peace and freedom in your ideal sized body.
Quick tips for lasting weight loss
Episode# 8: The Three Principals and Universal Truth
What This Podcast is About
This podcast, The Three Principals and Universal Truth, is a basic explanation that helps us to see how our reality works. It helps us get to the source of knowledge and wisdom. Every now and again, everyone has a great idea or insight that seems to have appeared out of thin air. Imagine these insights coming to you on a regular basis. Since I’ve been studying The Three Principals, stress and anxiety are now greatly diminished. Before, emotions were a problem that needed to be controlled. Ironically, they often times controlled me. Difficult emotions are no longer things that I try to avoid. They are things that I experience. When these emotions subside, I acknowledge them, and move onward. My goal is to address any issues that these emotions bring up in me. As a result, my mind is free to explore, engage, and create in the moment. In addition, I’m more easily able to come up with creative ideas for my work too. The benefits are unlimited. Take a listen.
About Rohini Ross
Rohini Ross is passionate about helping people wake up to their true nature. She is a psychotherapist, a transformative coach, and author of the forthcoming Soul-Centered Series. Rohini is an international coach. Her practice includes helping individuals, couples, and professionals embrace all of who they are so they can experience greater levels of well being, resiliency, and success. She also co-facilitates The Space Mastermind for Solopreneurs
with Barb Patterson. You can follow Rohini on Facebook
, and Instagram
, watch her Vlogs
with her husband, Angus Ross, and subscribe to her weekly blog www.rohiniross.com
What You Will Learn
- Why all reality begins in the mind?
- What are the 3 principal?
- The differences between Universal Mind, Consciousness and Thought.
- What is the difference between my thoughts and universal thoughts?
- Change negative thinking. Turn a corner on thoughts that have been present for a lifetime.
- How does this help me in my daily life?
- What is possible and not possible with The Three Principals?
- Why doesn’t The Three Principals have practices, and exercises, like meditation, and visualization?
What this Podcast is about:
Attraction is a question that comes up often for anyone who’s ever been a relationship coach. How to get a woman’s attention after 40, is at the heart of that question for single men over 40. Breakups such as divorce are often unwelcome surprises and can leave a man unprepared for the dating world. Maybe confidence in yourself is on the rocks? Is trust an issue for you? Career, finances, and family obligations are the sacrifices that we make to achieve our goals. Sometimes these obligations stand in the way of romance. Years pass and you get more anxious about your prospects for finding the woman of your dreams, or an awesome sexual partner. The older you get the harder it seems to find a great woman. All the good ones seem to be taken. You’ve got to fix this.
You’re in luck. On today’s podcast, I’ve brought in one of the top relationship and dating coaches for men. Shana James has a rare talent. She explains what women think, feel, and want you to do – and she explains it in ways that make for actionable plans.
“I like to talk about this as an opportunity …to get more real.”
~Coach and facilitator – Shana James
Shana has coached nearly a thousand men and almost as many women, around the world, in the past decade. She has led events for Match.com and Table for Six. Ms. James is a dating consultant for an MTV reality show. Shana is an ally for men. She brings a combination of Western and Eastern wisdom with her Masters in psychology, training in man/woman dynamics, as well as yoga, meditation, tantra and various spiritual practices. She does not teach games or pick up lines, but works specifically with each man in the places he holds back and feels stuck.
With incredible love and compassion for men, vulnerability and willingness to tell the truth, Shana makes it safe for you to work through your biggest fears and deepest shame, so you are free to have passionate, fulfilling connections, relationships and sex with the women you really want.
What you’ll learn:
- How to get a woman’s attention after 40
- Dealing with rejection
- Are we a good match vs. am I good enough for her? (self-respect)
- How to recover from desperation/grasping and start automatically attracting a woman’s attention
- Stop apologizing for yourself
- Inspire yourself
- Understanding your own value
Shana James Coaching
Shana James Power
In this episode, learn how to live and work abroad. We discuss if using your holiday time to investigate, and begin your dream of being a Digital Nomad is a smart use of your time, and why it might be cheaper, easier, and improve your quality of life to have location independence. How to investigate whether this lifestyle is for you, and how to get started and plan for the future. Sound good?
Luke Benjamin Thomas or as he’s known by friends and ninjas LBT, created his website ThatMarketingDude.com back in 2012 to help people get started with their online business. He teaches digital nomads how to take their businesses to the next level so they can continue traveling and kicking ass in online business.
What You’ll Learn in this Podcast
- The difference between a Digital Nomad, and a Location Independent person? Learn the differences between the two?
- Who should consider becoming a Digital Nomad, and who should consider Location Independence? Who should avoid them both?
- Why is it particularly good for people approaching 40 or over to consider this as an alternative to staying in a more traditional 9 to 5 structured work environment?
- What are the major benefits of opening a new chapter in life as a digital warrior or as a location independent person?
- What are the questions a person should ask themselves as they set out in this journey? Also are there particular issues that a person over 40 should pay attention to?
- How can a person with limited time to experiment and explore the possibilities of becoming a Digital Nomad can use their vacation time to answer these important questions.
- Tips for those who have the travel bug and want to explore becoming location independent or a digital nomad.
That Marketing Dude