About this podcast episode
Episode 35- Mental health and social distancing, is a lively fun conversation with Serena Sun, the founder of Breaking Taboo, about mental health taboos, suicide prevention, love, good books and karaoke! Serena and her non profit company Breaking Taboo is doing good things to support hospitals and health workers. Please check the links below and donate whatever you can to support the cause.
We both believe that the current situation is a serious one. The gravity does not escape us. That’s why we decided to be light in our tone. Laughter has been said to boost the immune system. Our conversation made me smile. I had not smiled in days. I hope that you smile too. Listen to her great advise. on mental health and social distancing. This is a terrible time. We can all use a good laugh.
Serena Sun Bio:
Serena Sun is the Founder and Director of Breaking Taboo. It’s a nonprofit organization on mental health awareness and suicide prevention. She is a public speaker and gives seminars on mental health. Serena is a certified life coach and holds internationally accredited certifications in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Neuro Linguistic Programming. Serena has a degree and background in psychology and film. She has volunteered since the age of thirteen, in hospitals, nursing homes, and homeless food drives. Serena plays concert piano and enjoys teaching.
Topics we tackle
- Addressing your sense of helplessness
- How to help ourselves and others
- A renewed sense of purpose. (You’re not your job!)
- Tools and tips to deal with anxiety, and depression
- Introvert/Extrovert strategies
- Couples with issues strategies
- Book suggestions – Attached, and The Five Love languages
- Attachment Theory
- Smule online karaoke!
- Routines and reprogramming
- Gratitude and opportunities for taking personal inventories, and take stock too!