Self Care for Caregivers is about how to handle the crisis of our aging parents. Caregivers often times forget to look after their own health and well-being. Health Care professional Karen Bromberg gives tips, and insights on best care practices for our loved ones as they age and for yourself as a caregiver.
About Karen Bromberg:
Karen is the founder of HelpYouThru. She was inspired to develop an online resource for elder-care. She advocates for both the senior, and their family caregivers. Karen’s idea came out of her experience with caring for her parents in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Karen has been a practicing health care professional for over 25 years, as well as a registered and certified Audiologist. Her website, and community provide care and support to the growing number of adult caregivers, and their aging parents.
In this episode, Self Care for Caregivers, we discuss, difficult conversations with our aging parents and some useful tips for you based on Karen’s own experiences with her family, and her online community.
What You’ll Learn:
- Karen, tell us why she started her company, Help You Thru.
- Why it make sense to have things prepared long before your parents are ill.
- What are some of the most difficult conversations that an individual can have with their parents.
- The personal sacrifices that people should be prepared for when their mother or father get seriously ill.
- Why it is best to be proactive instead of hiding your head in the sand.
- What are the 3 most important tips for best care for your parent?